Sunday, November 20, 2011

Engagement

August 8, 2009 – A typhoon destroyed the main bridge to Iba, Zambales and that was why my closest friends, my then boyfriend (now husband), and I went to Tagaytay instead. Despite the change of plans, it was still a good day because everyone was in a jolly mood. One of my best friends even bought me a yellow umbrella out of the blue.


That night, my boyfriend and guy friends suddenly announced that we’d have a nice dinner in an Italian restaurant with a great view. I was a bit disappointed because I was looking forward to eating bulalo in one of the family restaurants in the area.

The boys were right, the restaurant was fancy and the food was wonderful. To make the most of the view, my friends wanted to take photos outside. While posing on the bench, my boyfriend suddenly knelt in front of me.  I heard my girlfriends scream. I heard myself scream.

My then boyfriend (allegedly) said, “Bitsy, for five years you’ve been the best part of my day. Would you be the best part of my life?”

Of course, I didn’t hear a word he said. But his actions said enough. Of course I said yes.


That day was one of the best days of my life, even if I didn’t get to eat bulalo.

Our wedding is also one of the best days of my life. I’ll tell that story another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment