Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's been a while

Warning: blabbering ahead... Just scroll down at the end of the post and watch a video if you like :) 

Today is Throwback Thursdays

It's been almost three months since I posted anything here. It feels redundant to post here what I've already posted on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, which is mostly about E and how fast she's growing that I'm afraid to blink because I might miss something. Other than that, there's nothing much new to report around here. Also, I didn't feel like doing anything I liked for the past few months. One of which is self-centered writing (haha).

These past few months I've been stressed out and I've come to the conclusion that being stressed out is the reaction to a completely neutral situation. I've been stressed out before because I have lots of tasks to accomplish but I don't have to. Same goes with problems, you can't say that a problem is too shallow or invalid. A problem is merely an obstacle one has to go through in order to reach a desired outcome by coming up with a feasible solution. Take my experience the other day, I ordered from a fast food chain online and waited for almost an hour only to find out that they had to take my order again. I was really upset, got into an argument with the customer service representative (afterwards I found out he didn't follow their correct protocol) and ended up ordering from another fast food chain. Never let a nursing mom get hungry! When C got home, I told him about the highlight of my day (told ya, nothing much new) and he just smiled and told me, "Wow, that was your problem today," in a very polite manner. I know that he had other complicated problems to solve for that day, like how to provide enough food on our table, but my food problem was a valid one and I didn't feel bad about it. After all, it's really important for me to eat so I can in turn, feed my baby.

Anyway, so the stress thing. It's because of a problem that was a bit complicated to solve but now everything's alright. I swear, everything seemed much brighter nowadays and my husband even told me that yesterday was the first time I looked alive (must've looked like a zombie before). Looking back, I shouldn't have to be too stressed out because I've been praying about it and I know that the Lord solves your problems in His own time. I want to be more specific but I'd probably do that a month from now.

Everything's alright now. Not only is the problem solved, but I came to appreciate even more the support I have. I have the best family in the world - my husband, my parents, my in-laws are the greatest blessing I have. Having a great support group who is willing to do the extra mile for you or your family is the best gift one could have. I will do my best to be always there for them as well!

Now I can move on with my life and be more comprehensible next time :p

As promised, here's a video my husband made after our El Nido vacation with some family members. One of the best vacations ever. Palawan is indeed deserving to be called one of the best (group of) islands in the whole world!


The Callantas in El Nido from chappy callanta on Vimeo.

P.S. I will be blogging somewhere else soon. As much as I loved my blithefiles handle, it doesn't sound as nice as I want it to be (plus, it's confusing to pronounce)



No comments:

Post a Comment