Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book Report: February Edition


I can't believe it's already March! I can already feel the summer heat creeping up my limbs and going under my skin. I'm looking forward going to the beach, lying down under the shade, a good book in my right hand and  frozen mango shake in the other. *insert dreamy stare*

For now, I present the books I've finished for the month of February. Note that my monthly book list does not include books that are part of my daily routine and those I've read for work, thus the short pile.

6. 500 Time-Saving Hints for Every Woman by Emilie Barnes


Our house is very cluttered because we don't have spend much time at home. This book gave a lot of tips I have yet to adopt but one very helpful advice given was spending 30 minutes per day de-cluttering will go a long way. I try to time myself for 30 minutes every day and have a go at putting back things in their proper places, throwing away things that we no longer need, or setting aside stuff we can give away.

7. & 8. Guys Read Volumes 1 (Funny Business) & 2 (Thriller)


It's a fact that boys read less books than girls. Jon Scieszka, the author of some of the funniest books such as The Stinky Cheese Man & Other Fairly Stupid Tales and Math Curse, made a collection of short stories from different authors targeted at boys' interests. I might be a girl (nay, an adult woman) but I really enjoyed reading them and had a couple of laugh out loud moments while reading Funny Business.

Read more about Guys Read here.

9. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde


I've been a Jasper Fforde fan ever since I started reading the Thursday Next series in the wrong order (Lost in a Good Book first). This book felt less absurd than his other series (Thursday Next series and Nursery Crimes series). Yes, I don't know why I feel that magicians stuck at doing blue collar labor is considered less weird...

In other news, C gave a mandate that we are not allowed to buy books until we've read all the books at home... Let's see how long this lasts =D

No comments:

Post a Comment