Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crepe Party!

make your own crepe combos
My friend, Kitsie, hosted a crepe party at her home last weekend. She came from Melbourne and will  be going to Babuyan Islands tomorrow for a month. We've been talking about having our a crepe party through Skype for a couple of weeks.

C and I also slept over at her place afterwards since he didn't want to feel left out, haha. Slumber party!

Kits prepared everything (I helped sautee), made crepes and lángos (the fried stuff in the photo above).  Lángos originated from Hungary and it's deep-fried dough topped with sour cream, garlic, and shredded cheese. I'll try making it myself soon!

Crepes are very versatile. You can put in anything you want (in our case, we had sausage, all kinds of cheese, ham, spinach, capers, sour cream, bananas, jam, Nutella, maple syrup, and different kinds of condiments) and can be a main entree or dessert, depending on what you put in it. You can also fold your crepe in different ways - folded in half, fold over the edges to make a rectangle ala Cafe Breton, or just roll it like a shawarma wrap!

Pretty much anything goes during a crepe party and making your own combinations adds to its appeal. Just add drinks, good music, and fun friends!

2 comments:

  1. "I'm a crepe, I'm a weirdough" party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crepe party is such a cute idea. I'll have to plan one for my girlfriends and I some day.

    ReplyDelete