Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Report: January Edition



"I like books because they don't annoy me." - niece of one my best friends

I completely agree with her, the only books that annoy me are the ones I was forced to read when I was in school.

I don't mind waiting for hours in line as long as I have a book with me. They're perfect companions because they don't complain.

When I feel miserable or sad, they always know what to say to make me feel better.

I'm not saying that I prefer the presence of books over humans but there are times that I just want to seek
solace in stories and information.

This year, I will take note of the books I've read each month and some of my thoughts on them.

1. Trese series by Budjette Tan and KaJO Baldisimo

I discovered this in a bookstore while hanging out in a hospital(yes). It's a graphic novel series featuring Alexandra Trese, a modern day heroine who keeps Filipino supernatural beings in check. I'm now a fan of this series :)

2. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

I always feel melancholic whenever I read his novels. Confession: I haven't read any Jane Austen novel. Jane Austen is like the ancestor of all romance novelists.

3. JPod by Douglas Coupland

Super funny book. I always thought I'm an expert on task avoidance but the characters here take the cake.

4. You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons: The World On One Cartoon A Day by Mo Willems

Mo Willems made one cartoon a day while backpacking around the world. Mo Willems is not playing for L.A. Clippers, that's Mo Williams.

5. Pretty Little Liars and Flawless, both by Sara Shepard

Thank you Tin and Enzo for giving me copies of this series :) It's officially my guilty pleasure, hehe.

What books did you read last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment