Sunday, December 4, 2011

Arts & Crafts: Masquerade Mask

Last Saturday, C and I went to their masquerade-themed Christmas party so we bought plain masks because embellished ones are much more expensive. I was feeling crafty and got inspired by the "mask" Kirsten Dunst wore in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette. 


I bought French lace and some beads, rummaged for my glue gun (which needs to be replaced) and prayed for the best. Result below:




I wanted to add feathers but since the lace was already a bit pricey, I decided to make it plain but glamorous-looking. Red and glamorous are not usually in my vocabulary but it was a nice change from my bright- and pastel-colored world.

Next time someone invites us to another masquerade-themed party, I'll just spruce it up some more and use it again because I really like how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment