Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Thoughts



Christmas season is  always synonymous with busy, fattening, spending, and traffic jams. There are parties left and right and only the most disciplined person can focus on her tasks what with the lists that should be done before the mall crowd gets crazy. People are more hot-headed because everyone is cramming for their gifts and party plans.

It's so easy to forget what the season is all about. I won't be a hypocrite and say that I hate how consumerist Christmas has become - I came to love Christmas traditions such as eating mint chocolate anything and listening to songs. But it's also important to remember that Christmas is all about love and sharing. I usually celebrate Christmas eve and day shuttling to and from three families (my dad's side, my mom's side, and my husband's clan) and it is tiring and gastritis-inducing but it's also a nice reminder that I am really blessed with good food and a loving family. It's a happy thought that our future child will never be lonely and that s/he will always associate Christmas with family and laughter and not a day when an overgrown old elf goes down a chimney to give him/her a gift. I also pray that our child will see this season beyond gifts and be a gift to others above all else.

Have a blessed Christmas and be a blessing this Christmas!

Video: Christmas lights display in Ayala Triangle Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment