Friday, January 27, 2012

Lemon Yoghurt Cake

It's my first time to bake from scratch on my own!

I needed a break from chocolate so I chose this simple recipe.

bless this mess
it came out looking a bit burnt
but it was yummy :)

Lemon Yoghurt Cake

From Cooking for Two by Vicky Veloso Barrera (Anvil Publishing)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
grated rind of one lemon
powdered sugar for topping

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a mixing bowl, gradually adding the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Using a wooden spoon, stir in one third of the flour into the butter mixture. Add half of the yoghurt. Continue alternating the flour and yoghurt, beating after each addition. Blend in the lemon peel. Pour the batter into a buttered and greased 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake at 350 F(180 C) for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. When cool, dust the top generously with powdered sugar.


Notes:

  • No need to use an electric mixer
  • I halved the recipe because I only have a smaller loaf pan. It was a fun math problem.
  • I halved a whole egg by putting it in a separate container first

No comments:

Post a Comment